Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

Whirlpool Quiet Partner II lights are flashing on Normal and

Customer Question

Whirlpool Quiet Partner II lights are flashing on Normal and Cancel/Drain
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Can't seem to unlock and get operational, just had electrician put a NEW motherboard in, and worked fine for 2 cycles, now back to same issue as to "before" he put in new motherboard. Intermittent flashing of the Normal and Cancel/Drain lights. Unplugged overnight, no luck. Tried the Sani Rinse Heated Dry pressing each one for two rounds, closed door, waited 10 seconds hit Cancel button, still locked?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Order # *****
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. Do you have the model number? With the door locked you won't be able to get it off the appliance. Without the model number I won't know the specifics of the model.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me go look
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DU1055XTVSA
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just following up to be sure you received model Number that you asked for...

Yes, thanks. We can try to enter diagnostics to see if we can reset and then test the touchpad if tthis does not work. Use the start/resume key to go to the end of diagnostics if this works.

NOTE 1. To invoke the Diagnostics Cycle, perform the following key presses or actions in less than 6 sec while in standby: Heated Dry ⇒ Normal ⇒ Heated Dry ⇒ Normal ! To rapid advance one interval at a time, press the Start/Resume key

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have tried this series before, doesn't seem to work but will go try again...

If this doesn't work we will test the touchpad.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Didn't work, both NORMAL and CANCEL are repeated flashing

Ok, just a sec.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Door is OPEN for these entries, correct?

Model with buttons in the front you have the door closed.

Can you get into the control panel and disconnect the ribbon cable to the touchpad. Turn off the power first.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model 16054203-413
Buttons from Left to Right
Pots/Pans / NORMAL / Light Rinse / Only / Soak & Scour / High Temp Wash / Sani Rinse / Heated Dry / Start / Stop

Lets do the keypad test first. Can you get into the control area?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can do that, saw this as another possible solution before contacting you folks with the ribbon, disconnecting, and or seeing if there's a connection break? Add rubbing alcohol, was hoping you had some magic code that would remedy this as this is a brand new connection, and worked for 2 cycles.When you say the "control area" what are you referring?

What I am having you do will test the control and the touchpad to see which one is the problem. The control is in the top of the door behind the touchpad area. That is where you need to be to disconnect the ribbon.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay let me get my drill and disassemble...thanks.

Okay, let me know when the ribbon cable is off.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure at what point to remove ribbon cable

P1 on the control. There should be a print labeled P1 on the circuit board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The circuit board is set in place, trying to figure out how to take out guessing this P1 you speak of is "under" the Circuit board...

Yes, it is between the control and the buttons. After you disconnect it, put it together enough so the control stays in place because we will need to turn on the power and close the door. Let me know before you turn on the power.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, my trouble is disengaging the circuit board from the housing, don't want to break plastic things holding in place...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I disengaged circuit board from housing, but in no way see how ribbon can be removed, seems permanent at both ends from machine to panel?

Most have a plastic lock where it is pushed into the control and all you do is pull it away gently an 1/8" or so and that releases the ribbon.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I removed Ribbon and should I then plug the ribbon back in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or leave it off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ready for next step

Yes, leave it off. Here is what you need to do now. Do not close the dishwasher door. Turn the breaker back on to the dishwasher. Wait 5 sec. Close dishwasher door and listen for the drain pump to come on. Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All I heard was a "click" in the control panel.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Though I closed the door, the latch assembly is lying "not on" the housing to engage true closure of the door

That is bad. If the control was good it would have turned on the drain pump for two minutes. Since it did not it means the problem is the main control. If you aren't sure you had the steps and timing right you could turn the power off for a minute and try again.

Turn the breaker back on to the dishwasher while the door is still open. Wait 5 sec. Close dishwasher door and listen for the drain pump to come on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't turn off breaker, I had door open, plugged in unit to power, waited 5 seconds, closed dishwasher door, and heard nothing..

Okay, that is the right way. You need the main control. Do you need the part number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Again Dave, this is a Brand New Panel that was just installed last week, worked for 2 full cycles and then we're at this point again.

You replaced the touch panel, not the main control. Is that correct? You replaced the plastic top of the door with the buttons?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, we replaced the main control circuit board that the "ribbon" plugs into. We had this EXACT problem "before" replacing the NEW circuit board......last week. It may be possible that somehow the "ribbon is the issue, read somewhere to clean it with rubbing alcohol or there could be a tiny break in the ribbon? I don't see this but just saying....

Was the part number W10285180?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Part Number is *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Part Number is ***** B

FThe part number for model DU1055XTVSA is W10285180. Who gave you the other part number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The electrician did it, not my expertise.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Again, it worked fine for 2 days, now back to square one.

All I can say is that that is not the part number for your dishwasher. Here is the parts list so you can look it up yourself. Sounds like you should have the electrician come back and honor his work. He needs the correct control. Part list link

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thanks Dave.

Best wishes to you.