Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dishwasher starts any cycle ok ,states time of cycle but…

Customer Question
Hi my dishwasher starts...

Hi my dishwasher starts any cycle ok ,states time of cycle but after about two minutes goes back to zero leaving water behind.

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Not really Kelly it sprays water in then after about two minutes it cuts out

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/20/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you?

Can't find a model number, it's abosch excel multi program

OK I'll have to opt out then and I wish you the best. If some other expert can help you without the model number they will respond when this question goes back up on the list.

Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello I am a different tech, so it only runs for just a couple minutes correct?

that is correct
Are you coming back to me

Ok does it fill completely and do you ever hear the main motor come on and run? If not you likely have a seized or stalled main pump motor. When that happens the unit does its self checks in the first 2-3 minutes of the cycle if it does not see the motor run due to it being stalled that is exactly what will occur. You would need to check the main motor to see if it is stalled, jammed or burned out. This is a job to do as there is no easy way to get at the motors on the bosch units.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks