Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a 4 slot toaster with Model Number RBT-365SA engraved…

Customer Question
I have a 4 slot...
I have a 4 slot toaster with Model Number RBT-365SA engraved on the back that I cannot find anywhere. The toaster resembles Model CPT-180.
The Problem I am having is slots 1 & 2 (right side of toaster) will not stay down when I push them down. If I hold them down, the heaters on the left side of slot 1 and the right side of slot 2 will turn on and heat the sides of the objects in the 2 slots. Slots 3 and 4 work OK.
I've been looking for a diagram that might help but all I can find is the Instruction Booklet for CPT-180.
Any suggestions?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/20/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

The catch is either bent or broken for the drop down bar you would have to take it apart to check it out and see which is the case, there are no parts for that unit as they are considered throw outs, you can take it apart to see if the catch is just bent and not grabbing the bar when you press it down that happens a lot.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks