Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a samsung microwave model SMH174BC the timer shows an

Customer Question

I have a samsung microwave model SMH174BC the timer shows an SE or 5E code . what is happing ???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

That is a failure in the touchpad that means there is a stuck key on the pad. You need to replace the touchpad to correctly resolves this issue. Some have stated that you can try to clean the touchpad ribbon cable off and reseat it or heat the touchpad up with a hair dryer and it will sometimes work...but in my experience a new touchad is all that solves this issue.

You can order one through Seasrpartsdirect.com with the model number and color.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks