Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Cannot get my self cleaning whirlpool oven to open. Clean…

Customer Question
Cannot get my self cleaning...
Cannot get my self cleaning whirlpool oven to open. Clean yesterday and will not open.
oven was put in house(###) ###-####
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/19/2016
Appliance Technician: AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician

Set the self clean, wait 2-3 minutes then hit cancel.

Suggestion did not work. tried 3 min turned on and then after 3 cancelled. Door still locked.
are you still on line? I followed directions but that did not work. What should I try now?
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The door latch will likely need to be replaced. The model tag is behind the lower drawer, usually on the left side.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Hello, I was just checking in with you because I have not heard back from you. If you have no other questions, positive feedback would be appreciated.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!