Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Wolf R486G. The big oven wont light. The red light…

Customer Question
I have a Wolf...

I have a Wolf R486G. The big oven wont light. The red light comes on but it does not light

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

No gas smell but does not light on broil or any temp

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/19/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Can you see if the ignitor glows?

Is it under panel on bottom of oven

Yes it is under the bottom panel correct or you can remove the front lower grill plate and you should be able to get at it. Often they burn out or do not glow as bright as they should causing that issue. Very common.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks