Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I got an error message (open/close) door when door is closed…

Customer Question
I got an error message...
I got an error message (open/close) door when door is closed on my Whirlpool M/W
model WMH 5352ocs
then no power---Any ideas?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/19/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can you please look at the model number once again I find no model of WHM5352ocs

WMH5352ocs

Thank you!

You have one of three door switches that have failed.

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component testing ?

I do
I can see a switch for top and bottom latch after removing control panel
Should I replace both

Great you will need to open the unit up , remove the grill above the unit across the front and once removed the console keypad has one screw remove the screw and the console will drop down .

And on the left are the three door switches on the door switch bracket .

Here is the way to test the door switches.

And here is a part break down of the door switches .

http://www.partadvantage.com/diagramenlarge/3/165/1559810/229826

If you let me know what you find I can give you part number of the one you find is bad.

Do you still need assistance on your question?