Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

The griddle on my Frigidaire electric stove has been not

Customer Question
heating up, sometimes I can...
The griddle on my Frigidaire electric stove has been not heating up, sometimes I can take it out and put it back in and it works fine. It wouldn't work at all today. This has been going on for about a year. The stove is nearly 15 years old, I love my stove and want to keep it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
2/19/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

The issue will only be 1 of 2 things the prongs on the grill need to be moved around to make good contact in the receiptical or the receiptical itself .

Try moving the prongs from side to side .

Both parts are expensive so I would try moving the prongs around a bit more the griddle is almost $300.00 the receiptical is almost $140.00

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it ?to be able to do any component or voltage testing .

John, Home Appliance Technician