Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Replace fan in the ref side but not working

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If you replaced the fan inside the refrigerator and it's not running, either your have a bad control board, or the door switch isn't working and it's telling your control board the door is open. Close the doors and peel back the door seal for the refrigerator door so you can see if the light is on inside the refrigerator. If the light is on when the door is closed, replace the door switch. If the light is out---replace the main control board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?