Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Samsung dryer manufactured in Sept 2014, purchased in Dec…

Customer Question
Samsung dryer manufactured in Sept...
Samsung dryer manufactured in Sept 2014, purchased in Dec 2014. The panel lightens up, but when I press the start button, it makes a click Boise, doesn't turn on. There isn't an error message. It's plugged in, I already checked breakers, door is completely closed. Please help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/19/2016
Appliance Technician: John, restaurant equipment technician replied 2 years ago
John, restaurant equipment technician

There's a door safety switch that the door activates, when it's closed. Try closing and opening the door, while listening for the switch to click on. Please let me know what you find, and together we can find a solution. Thank you.

The door isn't the problem, but I tried what you said and it didn't work. So, the panel on the dryer lights up, i set the dryer to the "normal"cycle, and I push the start button, and I hear a clicking noise. It DOESN"T turn on though. I had the dryer on tuesday evening, suddenly, 10 or 15 minutes into the cycle, I heard a loud pitched noise, then a bang, then the dryer was quiet. I went into see, and the dryer didn't work anymore. I have looked through my manual, nothing about this problem. I spoke to someone at Lowe's, we tried trouble shooting, nothing happened. I unplugged the dryer for 30 min, replugged it in, same situation

That sound you heard was the air heater shorting out. It will need to be replaced. Its part number is ***** and its price is $89.22. You can purchase it at www.searspartsdirect.com.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Do you need any more help, before your request times out?