Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Plumbing problem- Washer is not draining nor spinning. The…

Customer Question
Plumbing problem- Washer is not...
Plumbing problem- Washer is not draining nor spinning. The lid switch is good.The Timer is new. I can empty the water manually via the machine hose and bucket. I can find any after disconnecting the hose at the base of the tub.
It is a G.E. washer model# *****
I need help with this problem. I am a do it your self amateur.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/18/2016
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago
Joel Swenson

unhook the wiring harness from the drain pump put the washer on spin and check for voltage to the water pump harness if the water pump is getting voltage replace the water pump, that washer will not spin if the pump is bad, check that and let me know, thanks.

in the meantime :

We are on the honor system for our time so I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page.

This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thank you!

ooo
voltage from water pump harnss
what else do you suggest
There is a humming sound when in spin mode but no action from tub
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

well if you tested the lid switch for sure and its good then the water pressure switch is bad not sending voltage back out when the pressure is off the switch. So change the pressure switch and that will fix it.

Washer Water Level Pressure Switch

Part #: WH12X10065

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

dont forget to leave me a rating before you leave today, thanks so much.