Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How to defrost bottom freezer of a KitchenAid refrigerator…

Customer Question
How to defrost bottom freezer...
How to defrost bottom freezer of a KitchenAid refrigerator
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/18/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

The easiest way to do it is unplug it open the doors and use a hair dryer or steamer to defrost the bottom, if water is pooling in the freezer bottom the drain is likely blocked up so you would also need to remove the rear panel inside the freezer and clear the drain out below the evaporator with hot water and a turkey baster, air compressor or steamer to clear the drain line and get it running again.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

If there was nothing more I can do for you all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks