Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Re: WJRR4170G2WW a question submitted two years

Customer Question
Re: WJRR4170G2WW...
Re: WJRR4170G2WW a question submitted two years ago....exactly my problem....will not agitate or spin....the lid switch is ok....The next thing you tell him to do is check the resistance of the two wire plug on the motor. Mine measures "open" You said that if it is open replace the tube and shaft...and then you told him to buy a new timer??? Can you clarify than for me??/ Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/18/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

First remove the front panel and check the top right side of the motor for the FLASHING LED...see what pattern it is flashing and count the pattern between pauses and let me know.

It flashes steadly off and on

Ok that is in standby with no error codes, does the unit fill? If so I would check the lid switch it may not be working. Let me know if it fills

I have been thru some of the testing and it comes to testing the lid switch and i did that and it is OK I measured the continuity of the two wire connection on the motor the one with the yellow and red wire....it is an open circuit
You cannot call me...

If you want a phone call it costs more to do do you want one? It will be an extra $30

it fills and it drains......I checked the lid switch and it is OK.....no agitation and no spin....the motor never even tries to run....just the water pump
This constant offer to switch to a livve phone call is VERY irritating
I am not getting answers......I am thinking we should just forget this and I will deal with it.

I am sorry i have nothing to do with the site issues,

DO you have a ohm meter handy and are you by the unit?