John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Gale. Got a f:51 code on may tag bravos quiet series 300, It

Customer Question

Gale. Got a f:51 code on may tag bravos quiet series 300
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It won't wash
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my eyes & ears! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem. Thank you for excepting me for you appliance issue. I'll be right with you and please don't forget to rate my service at completion.

Give me a min to look up your washer info.

Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

F51 error is a rotor position sensor error. This error appears when rotor position sensor is faulty or due to a faulty control board. Look underneath the tub and check the motor, check for RPS on the right side and under the motors rotor disk. Use allen wrench to remove the rotor and then the four bolts holding the motor stator to the tub can be removed. Your looking for cracks or anything broken.

Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

The control board is the most likely candidate. But the others need checked to rule them out first.

Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

Are you still with me?