Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Maytag MDB6769PAS will not drain. Purchased May 2012. Is…

Customer Question
My Maytag MDB6769PAS will not...
My Maytag MDB6769PAS will not drain. Purchased May 2012.
Is there a diagram to show me what I need to clean out?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/18/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

What are you wanting to clean out? the spray arms ,the pumps the water valve.

I don't know. That is why I am asking you.
There is water sitting in the bottom of the dishwasher that does not drain out
I siphon it out each time I use the dishwasher

ok and if you press cancel once and close the door will the drain pump even come on?

I don't know and I am not home
Shouldn't there be something to clean out for a drain or hose?

you could remove the lower spray arm and the top of the pump to clean the interior of the circulating pump ,and you can remove the drain hose and run a wire through it to see if it is clogged or restricted an any way.

but first you need to be able to tell me if the drain pump even runs or not.

If it is not running no need to take the circulation pump top apart.

It sounds like the drain pump works

ok and you get no water to drain out at all ?

does the dishwasher drain into a disposal?

If it does has the disposal recently been replaced?

About 4 quarts of water remain in the tub each time. It is not enough to flow out when the door opens.
I don't know if any drains or not.
Yes it drains into a disposal, but no changes there since it was initially installed.

ok if it drains into a disposal if you press cancel once it should go into a drain mode and if it is draining at all you can look down inside the disposal and see if it is draining or you should be able to hear it draining water into the disposal also.

If the drain pump IS running it could be a restriction in the drain line or even the nipple in the disposal were the drain line attaches to the disposal .

So lets remove the drain line from the disposal .look in the nipple to see if it is clogged.and then put the drain hose into a bucket and press cancel once to see if it will drain into the bucket.

if nothing drains into the bucket try blowing back into the hose and see if you heard the bubbles in the water in the sump or not .

Let me know.

Thank you

Is this something that you can do right now?