Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The spin cycle is very loud..It works great it's just loud…

Customer Question
The spin cycle is very...
The spin cycle is very loud..It works great it's just loud ..is this common in smaller stacked units???
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/18/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

WFW91511YW00

Thank you!

Can you describe the noise you are hearing when the washer is in a spin mode?

A roaring sound

ok ! how old is the washer?

3 yrs old

And yes this is a common issue on all front load washers .

There is no way to turn the noise down😒

Ok so it is out of the manufactures warranty period ,unless you have an extended warranty.

The issue is the rear tub bearing and seal kit that is making the noise.

The rear half of the outer tub would need to be replaced to repair the unit.

Which means if it has the dryer stacked on top the dryer will need to be removed and the entire inside of the washer removed out of the cabinet.

For two service techs to do this job it is normally around $700. the part itself is almost $200 and the repair takes about 4 hours.

How handy are you?

And no way to turn the noise down !

Thanks for your answers...I am not spending that kind of money Have a nice day

ok So I take it that you are not Handy enough to do the repair yourself then?

and would you like the part number for the rear outer tub so that you do have it?

Ok

ok here is a link to the part.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Rear-Drum-With-Bearing/W10285625/1552638?rcaid=1000070

And here is a video on replacing the tub.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mFkqEwOEhE

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.