Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a fridgidaire dishwasher. It started leaking out of

Customer Question

Hello! I have a fridgidaire dishwasher. It started leaking out of the bottom corner. I looked up the model and ordered a net bottom gasket. The old gasket cam out easily and was very dirty. the new gasket is the exact same size and when I put in and close the door it does not stay put and pushes back into the tub.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well the gasket will not stay in place even though I put it where it should be
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

It's quite difficult to install this bottom gasket properly unfortunately. Below is a video that shows you how to do this. If it won't stay put, then the plastic clips built into the inner door are broken for some reason and the entire inner door liner would need to be replaced.

CLICK HERE for video

Other than that, there are winglets there were designed for Frigidaire dishwashers since they were prone to leaking in the corners so below is a link to the winglets you'd need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for winglets

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.