Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

No agitation. fill drain and spin works fine. belt doesnt

Customer Question

no agitation. fill drain and spin works fine. belt doesnt seem to want to spin both directions...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? And when the washer doesn't agitate, do you hear the motor running or is the unit 100% silent?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
vbxr1060t5wb the small pulley seems to turn a little, but the belt stays in place and pulley gets extremely hot
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should the agitator coupler be able to slide up while still bolted on? the whole shaft moves about a foot.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK so unfortunately this means that your transmission has failed. No the agitator coupler should not be able to slide up while bolted. It sounds like your transmission shaft isn't properly geared into the transmission anymore. You'd need to order and replace part number WH38X10002 if you wanted to resolve the issue, and that is a lot of work. If you had a technician come out and replace the part for you, they will charge about $350. I'm very sorry about the bad news.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?