Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a GE Double Wall Oven - Model# JRP28SK1SS Serial#

Customer Question
We have a GE Double...
We have a GE Double Wall Oven - Model# *****
Serial# *****
In the past three days the upper oven will cut off after about 5 minute of reaching desired
temperature. Lower oven is fine
Upper oven has electronic controls. Lower oven is manual
Is there a fix for this
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/17/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

When you say it cuts out does the control shut off or what exactly happens?

The controls apparently shut off as it will not hold a temp
but i am not sure i know how to answer this....
the temp starts dropping and food is not cooked
I need to leave the computer...I will be back in one hour

Ok just confirm the control shuts down and it is not just dropping temp?

I do not know and cannot check that tonight. Is there a way to pick this up with starting all over tomorrow

Yes just post back here

thank you

no problem

I am going to have to table this question for a bit. I tried this morning - the lights of the control panel never went off. But i do not have an oven thermometer to determine the temp of the oven itself. All I can say its that on two occasions...before we stopped using the upper oven...the food (fish) was dramatically undercooked.
is there a reference number i can use

Just post back here.

If there was nothing more I can do for you all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician