Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The indoor (upper) ice maker on my LG LFX29945ST

Customer Question
refrigerator will not make ice...
The indoor (upper) ice maker on my LG LFX29945ST refrigerator will not make ice. The tray in the unit is inverted and will not fill, freeze or dispense ice. I replaced the water filter (LT700P), turned the ice maker switch on the unit off, then on and finally unplugged the refrigerator. Nothing I have done has fixed the problem. Can you help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/17/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

If the icemaker does not rotate at all when you cycle it you have a bad icemaker like all these LG units seem to have. Just replace the icemaker itself. Here is a link to a new one, just change it out and you will be good to go. It is si popular I stock it on my service truck.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Let me see if I have this correct. I'm being charged $28 for you to tell me my unit is bad and the only choice I have is to replace it?

No I am a tech on the site, I only receive a small portion of whatever you agreed to pay the site only after a good rating is given or I receive nothing. If you want some more help or want some different information let me know. I work on these everyday

I'm OK with that, I just wanted to know what the deal was.

No no problem at all just let me know if you want any more info on it, if the test button does not make the unit rotate and you have unplugged it and reset it the icemaker is just bad.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician