Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kenmore electric range purchased in the late

Customer Question
1990's. I want to...
I have a Kenmore electric range purchased in the late 1990's. I want to clean the oven. The instructions on the range tell me to move the oven door handle to the right & press "clean" on the handle. The handle on the oven door is not movable, it is as wide as the oven door, there is no handle that states "clean". How do I clean my oven, which I am supposed to be able to clean myself, in my home? Contacting Sears, the only option is to have a technician come to my home for a service fee of $100 to show me how to do something that I am supposed to be able to do at no cost. I'm not going to go further this as I have wasted way to much time. If someone (tech) would call me on the telephone & tell me what to do, it would be wonderful.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/17/2016
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago
Joel Swenson

There should be another handle not the oven door handle but a door lock handle on the left side between the top of the range and oven door. That is the handle the book is referring to. let me know if you find it, thanks.

We are on the honor system for our time so I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page.

This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thank you!

A lever is located under top of stove between stove & door. Lever does not move to right.
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

it may be stuck after having never been used all these years, likely its froze up give it a good tug it is suppose to move if it does not then door lock will have to be replaced to be used.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

please dont forget to give me a rating before leaving today, thanks so much.