Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool Dishwasher GU1200XTKB0 that was making…

Customer Question
I have a Whirlpool Dishwasher...
I have a Whirlpool Dishwasher GU1200XTKB0 that was making rattling sounds. I found a rubber cap about the size of a 35mm film canister cap - except flexible rubber. I found it under the flat plate next to the chopper cover. It is too big to be a broken disc from the check valve. It is gray in color and has the number 51263 03 on it. I wouldn't have been concerned until I read a forum that another person found the exact same thing. Any idea as to what this is?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/17/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Can you post a picture of what you see?

In the link below, if you look at part number 1, is the little flapper in the hole that the rack manifold is not engaged in place?

CLICK HERE

What concerns me is another person on an appliance forum found the same thing with the same number molded in to the rubber cap - 51264 03.
Sorry - the number is ***** 03.
Here is the forum post I found..... (not from me)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fingers crossed but its looking, and more importantly, "sounding", great!!! The directions were wonderful - thank you SO much - and yes, the screen behind the blade was full of crud. It turned very easily when I was done and when I put everything back and pressed start, presto!! water everywhere!! And it's back to its normal sound level.Talk about crud. I am a slob in the kitchen. I snapped off the water feed tube along the back and the top shower type head was even more jammed up than I thought. I've got to start at least wiping these dishes!!I found a rusty old loose screw under the soil separator??? Even more interesting was something found loose under the chopper blade cover. It looks like a milk cap but it is the same color grey of the other parts. On the back is a number: 51263 03. I'm pretty sure it goes somewhere but I couldn't see a logical place.So I'll write again when the cycle is done and report on how clean the dishes turn out.Thanks again for the help and encouragement.

No picture posted. Did you get a look at the link I sent you?

I am quite familiar with these models and do not recognize that from the dishwasher. It looks like a plug from a container or something but I don't think it is from the dishwasher.

Thank you - but it concerned me that someone else reported the exact same item including the number. The dishwasher seems to work fine and is now as quiet as normal. Very bizarre someone else identified the exact item. A couple years ago, I replaced the motor and wonder if some sort of cap found its way to the chopper area. Thanks for your help.

That is odd, I agree. However, I have worked on (and performed many training sessions on) these machines. I am not sure what it is but I am confident it is not from the dishwasher. It may be something from the packaging material, but not a service part.

Thank you!

You bet, thank you!