Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Bosch dishwasher is a model HX68E05UC/13. The door is…

Customer Question
Hi. My...

Hi. My Bosch dishwasher is a model HX68E05UC/13. The door is having trouble shutting. It seems to be a latch on the top that doesn't want to raise up so the door will close correctly. Do you have a recommendation? I recall hearing a "click" when the door closes normally, but I do not hear that click with this issue.

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I think I reset it. I have powered it off and back on several times. It will not start a cycle because the door won't shut properly.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/17/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Does it just stop hard when you close it like something is stopping it?

Right. I believe a latch on the top seems to be stuck in a down position and won't raise up high enough to permit the door to close in all the way.

Can you take a picture of the latch and upload it here so I can see what you are seeing?

You can also call me to discuss it "live".

A phone call costs more to do and it is getting late for a phone call. I could call you tomorrow though or we can continue on here.

Ok. Let's continue here. I think we can just discuss it here on the chat. Do you have any other questions?

If you can upload a picture of what you are seeing I can tell you a lot faster what is the issue that way

I believe that this latch that you see won't raise up to allow the door to shut.
There is a lever to the left of the latch that when depressed, it does "nothing" to raise up the latch.

I am not sure what the picture is can you take another one back further?

Sure. Give me a couple minutes

ok take a couple so I can clearly see the whole thing

I have about 10 more minutes. Then I have to go. We can pick this up tomorrow if you don't have any ideas after then.

OK either the door latch is bent or broken, if that latch will not lift up you need a new lock, here is a link to the part. They go bad and the spring breaks

CLICK HERE

It installs from the top and the unit needs to be slide out about 8 inches to install it.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

I am not satisfied with your answer. There must be a way to 100% determine if anything is broken. What test must I conduct to determine this answer? I am out of time. Thank you for your effort tonight.

The piece that is down not allowing the door to close is the lock, it is a one piece part, you need to uninstall the unit and slide it out and check to see if the spring is broken in it, I am not sure why you are not satisfied this is just a $15 cheap part they break if it will not reseat up and hold.

The latch that won't open has a spring loaded lever that is working fine. I feel the spring working correctly. Please give me my money back, as this could not possibly be the correct answer.

I advised you needed to check it out and see if the spring was working and not broken you need to read the posts please do not post back to this I am opting out of your question and it will just delay a refund.

Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the latch appears to be working fine, the door alignment may be off. Can you double check that model number, please? I am not finding it in the database to pull up the service manual to get you precise pictures and diagrams.

Again, I am not satisfied with your service. Please afford a full refund.

Roger that, thanks.