Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Frigidaire affinity washing machine timer advances very

Customer Question

Frigidaire affinity washing machine timer advances very slowly and machine pauses
Submitted: 1 year ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

What is the complete model on the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fafw3577ka1
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Timer advances very slowly causing the unit to pause

How many times does it pause and is the pump draining the unit fine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure ... Several .. Restarting makes it move agaIn
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Replaced control board Today but same behavior

Normally this issue is a bad door latch or possibly a bad pump. More often the door latch goes bad and is what pauses it as it thinks the door was open. I would replace the door latch as they had a service bulletin out for that issue on that unit. That should fix your issue. Here is a link to your door latch

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I Don't think it is the door latch, the doer latch indicator light is on And the door is locked and cannot be opened

That does not matter the door latches appear to be working and can do that. The only other thing to check is the drain pump itself.