Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Looking instructions to open/repair a Maytag MDE6800AYQ,

Customer Question

looking for the instructions to open/repair a Maytag MDE6800AYQ
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: when it turns on it runs and makes a thumping noise about once a second
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If you're getting a thumping noise, either one of the screws has backed out of the one of the tumblers and is hitting a wall when the drum rotates, or you have a crack in your dryer drum along the seem somewhere. You'll want to remove the front panel so you can view and see if a screw has backed out and check out the drum. To do this, open the door and remove the 2 screws through the door hinges going into the front panel. Then remove the 2 screws on the opposite side of the door way. The front panel will unclip at the top and hinge forward and down. Once you've done that, you can remove the screws in the upper front right and left corners to unmount the top panel of the dryer. The top panel will then hinge up and backwards so you can rotate the drum and inspect.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.