Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

E. I have a Maytag Wall mount (convection/regular Oven) It

Customer Question

Hi Pearle. I have a Maytag Wall mount (convection/regular Oven) It is about 4 years old. I do not have the model or serial number documented as the installer did not document the model into the manufactures booklet. If you know where I can look to find it , would be appreciated. However, the issue at hand seems to be with the touch pad display, which is now virtually shut down. The led display no longer illuminates.. but I can still use the bake features touch pad. It all began when we had a power shortage. When the power came back on and we attempted to reset the Clock, The led display went from bright white led numbers to small Orange numbers and then to the Sabath mode. Reading the manual canceled this feature..but all the touch pad display features disappeared. Now the Beeper remains on all the time. I am however, able to operate the oven by touching the bake feature key pad. I followed the manual on how to cancel the Beeper.. but it only resorts back to the Sabath mode. So I disconnected the oven for several hours, hoping this would reset the key pad. It has not. So.. oven is now plugged in. The display is blank.. but that bloody Beeper is driving me insane. HELP!!
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think of. As I said.. I am able to use the Bake featuers.. but the diplay is dead and that bloody BEEPER...arrgghh
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

This isn't a problem with the touchpad, it's problem with your display control board. The display board would need to be replaced to fix this issue. You will need the model number to look up the correct display board. If you can't find one, then you'd need to send your old display board to a place like Core Centric Solutions to have the display board refurbished. That usually takes 2 weeks and costs $200 or so.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.