Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have Panasonic Microwave Models:

Customer Question
NN-P794/SN747/SN757/SN797/T945/SN947/SN957/SN977 (I had my...
I have Panasonic Microwave Models: NN-P794/SN747/SN757/SN797/T945/SN947/SN957/SN977 (I had my portable heater plugged in and turned on the microwave without turning the heater off.. microwave mey have tripped off. Now when I try to turn on the microwave it only starts up for about 5 seconds then a reading shows as: "H97" on the display window. I looked into the operating instruction and it says to make contact with an authorized dealer. How can I get my microwave to work again please. Call me at (***) ***-**** Bernice ****
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/17/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

The H97 code is a high voltage board failure typically on the unit, what likely happened is the draw from the microwave was too much tripped the circuit, but that has damaged the high voltage board when it tried to start. You will need a new high voltage board to fix it, they run about $150-200 for the part. You may want to invest in a new microwave. Sorry for the news.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

What is a high voltage board???? I need this fixed right now. I thought you were going to fix the problem. I feel I wasted my time and money. WHAT A RIP OFF!!!

Did you think I was coming to your house?