Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Washer that needs a new control board. I…

Customer Question
I have a Maytag Washer...
I have a Maytag Washer that needs a new control board. I purchased two of these expensive things and both do not work. I plug my old board in and the washer powers up like always but with errors. I know some of the Triacs are destroyed which is why I bought a new board. the part number on my board is different than the boards I purchased. Were there two different boards?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
My old board has a part number on it of W10022700?. The mew board has a part number od W10525338W2E
2/16/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. The main control is W10205977. Which one are you replacing? Does it look like the one in the link? Control picture link

This is the one I am replacing
I ordered a W10205977
based on my model number

Okay, if a triac is burned there is something shorted in the washer and it will take out the new board when it is installed. What was the code?

The water inlet coil was shorted, I replaced that first

What happens with the new controls?

When you first plug it in, the relays click but the start button does not turn the unit on
Please keep in mind, I can plug my old control board back in and the unit turns on

Right, that makes no sense. Almost sounds like a wrong sub. The original control was W10160260. Do you get any LEDs to light? Maybe we can get into diagnostics on the new control?

Nothing lights up at all. The part number on the original board was W10022700? I can't read the last digit

That must be a production number because it does not cross over to a new number.

The actual board part number is ***** same with the exception the original board is REV A and the new boards are REV C

It's the right board then but I can't explain why the old one works. Is it the control that clicks or the door lock when plugged in?

The relays on the board click
is there a key dance to put it in diagnostic mode?

I opted out to let another expert that may have seen this help you.

Thanx for the help Dave
I have more into this unit than it's worth but now it is a mission, not a challenge. I can always replace the triac, transistor and fix the traces but there may be more issues
Appliance Technician: Chas, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

Where did you purchased the board you installed in the machine?

Nice to meet you Chas. I purchased it from Sears
Both of them
I though maybe I had received a faulty board so I got a new one, it has the same issue
There is only one visual difference in the boards, the center main power connectors on the original were Black, the new boards are all white

The part number for the replacement board for your machine is suppose to be W10525358. What was the original problem of the machine?

someone tried to replace the water inlet and coil, twisted the bare wires and they touched the chassis when it was powered on.
It took out the Triac, transistor and popped the traces on the board

What errors came up with the old board?

I did not document them. I can plug it back in and tell you

It could help

Instead of repairing the board, I opted just to replace it
give me a minute plz

Okay

F-01

That is the only error logged?

that is all it flashes quickly

That is a failed control, however it is bothering me that the board that SEARS sent you is not the updated board, something is really fishy about that, they are not suppose to use old stock, I worked for SEARS in the repair department for 6 years before I quit their crap.

all functions work, you can select anything but when you hit start, the code flashes. I assume it is coil feedback missing

You cannot get nothing with the new board right?

I have new boards that do not work

but nothing shows on the display either with them?

nothing at all, when I hit the power, nothing, not even a click

I don't know if SEARS will refund you the monies paid for this part. I would order the correct board by the correct part number and see what happens.

I thought I did. I ordered the board based on the model number. Off of their website

But the part number on the box you received was their old number. there have been many changes in the system. you said you also replaced the wire harness also.. You have a lot of money and time invested in this bad boy.

Like I said, it is a mission now, the challenge is over

Try this, unhook the motor controller and see if it powers up with the new board.

I ordered part number W10205977 , the board has part number W10525338W2E
ok, I will try that. On the board, which one is it? That way I don't have to get under the unit
Main Power MS2 and control M13?

I think M13

It did not make a difference

I worked for Maytag and Whirlpool for many years, everything is pointing to SEARS sending you rebuilt old boards as new. I never purchase any parts from them as their competence leaves much to be desired.

I personally would install the board from this company,

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Click here

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Tips are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Thank you Chas, I will give them a call first. I will rate you well. Have a good evening

Okay, I would appreciate the nice ratings.

I noticed that the question is still open, if there is nothing else you need, please rate my service to you today, so I may be credited with helping you...