Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE Profile. Side by side refrigerator/freezer. I am…

Customer Question
I have a GE Profile...
I have a GE Profile. Side by side refrigerator/freezer. I am experiencing a lot of condensation inside the refrigerator on the dividing wall between the freezer and refrig. This is causing an accumulation of black mold in the refrigerator. What can be causing this problem and what can fix it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/16/2016
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago
Joel Swenson

those are your mullion heaters which are located all around the freezer and refrigerator doors underneath panels. The panels are in contact with the room air and can sometimes get below the dew point of the kitchen and will start to sweat. The electric resistant heaters are energized all the time to prevent this from happening. An energy save button on new models turns off this feature and is used when the humidity is low during certain times of the year.

If they are hotter than normal you can clean your condenser coil and fan in the back of the fridge and this usually will help.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

We are on the honor system for our time so I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page.

This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thank you!

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank you for your immediate attention in taking

care of this.

If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

care of this.