Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator with ice/water

Customer Question
dispenser. Water flows fine...
I have a Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator with ice/water dispenser. Water flows fine but the lever on the dispenser will not stop the flow of water when pressure is released...therefore water pours onto the floor. It stops after numbers hits against it. I cannot find this problem and answer in my manual.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/16/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

And###-##-####is not a model number

where would I find the model number? I looked everywhere and on the booklet when i gave you that number.
After seeing your fees on my credit card statement, I called your number. The fellow on the phone was difficult to hear as he was with many others also answering calls. He has directed me to login and says your answer is there. It is not...now that I have logged in and I see now that your note was written on Feb 16 re: a model number. I did not receive any help from you on the 16th and quite obviously you are not online now to answer me now. I would like the $28 to be returned to me. i will take my chances with another serviceman !! You guys are ridiculous !!!

open the fresh food section door the model /serial number tag should be on the interior wall

jsi 26 ?

you never received any help from me because you never replied back to give me a model number until 6 min ago.

How do you expect me to give you an answer if you never even tell me the model number of the appliance your question is on?

And Jsi26 is not a model number either

or LGUS2642LP2
I did not realize i would be chatting with you on the 16th when I sent the question...thought it was coming via e mail !!!

Great yes LGUS2642LP2 is the model number.

So your saying that you have to hit the pressure pad to get the chilled water to stop correct?

And does the same thing happen to the ice cubes if you call for ice.

No we only converse on this web site with customers.

The ice cubes do stop when the pressure is released. The water continues flowing....and whether it stops on its own...or when I hit it several times, is questionable. I just know I wont' chance it again. For awhile, it happened occasionally...and I thought 'user error' or something, but now is just about every time. I don't trust it. The way I receive water now is to get ice and let it thaw !!!

ok that was going to be my next question if you were 100% sure it has anything to do with hitting the pad.

I suspect it is not a pad issue ,because the same pad is used for ice cubes also.

Are you on a well ? or have a reverse osmosis water filter system?

neither of those

ok so just a city water connection with constant water pressure to the home?

ok I suspect that your issue is a weak solenoid on the dual water inlet valve and that it is slow at closing .

And thus it gives you water until it fully closes.

This would be a issue where the dual water inlet valve assembly in the rear of the unit will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/242252702/2692163?rcaid=1000070

This link also has a video on replacing the water valve assembly in the rear of the unit.

This can be replaced with basic hand tools. If you have any questions just reply back.

Many thanks !

No problem at all always glad to assist you any time.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

Thank you in advance.

You need to rate me for me to get paid ,that is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

This is not a free web site .

Master Tech
Master Tech