Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

The drain and everything has been totally cleaned

Customer Question
the drain and everything has been totally cleaned
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/16/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Gl15NDXTB1

Ok so you have a under counter icemaker, what is it doing or not doing?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It has begun a loud buzzing sound that appears to associated with the compressor as if it is hung up. It just finished clean cycle but it had already intermittenedly had been having a buzzing sound. It was making ice fine but compressor is very hot to touch. Could a bad start relay and overload switch couse this or is it compressor itself going out?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have you received my question?

Yes but I have more then just one customer that I`m assisting today.

If it was a relay or overload the compressor would not be running.

If the unit is making ice the compressor will be warm. the refrigerant is removing the heat from the water to make it colder and colder till it freezes.

Can you move the compressor around pressing on it to make the noise go away or to change the sound of it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok i have taken relay out and it does rattle so i would say yes to that.

no the compressor not the relay!! if you move it around can you change the tone of the noise?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No the noise does not appear to go away.

And you hear this noise no matter what the unit is doing ,as long as the compressor is running?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will just order the switch first and see if it is that or the whole unit.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is loud and continous.

does the noise seem to be coming from the relay and overload cover on the compressor?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Honestly to loud to tell but if you unplug unit and plug it back the noise kicks in first and then after a bit quits

ok and have you eliminated the Condenser fan to rule it out?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no i do not believe it to be fan

ok I do not think replacing the relay will do nothing but if you want to that is fine.

Do you need the part number for it so you can order it ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When i set up to do clean cycle it was working fine in ice production and all basics. The humming or buzzing sound was on an off but became pronounced after finish clean cycle of which it did not make the noise during that process. only after trying to return to regular service did it make the continous noise.

And if you run a clean cycle now does it make the noise?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Because of time i did not want to stop- start clean cycle as it interupts everything till through for normal operations

ok that is up to you!

But the compressor runs during a clean cycle so if it is a compressor issue then it should be doing it in the clean cycle also !

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok I am out of time and must leave. thanks
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the relay is rattling, it does indeed likely need to be replaced and is available below.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Kelly, Appliance Technician