Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have and under counter whirlpool ice maker gl15ndxtb1 and…

Customer Question
I have and under counter...
I have and under counter whirlpool ice maker gl15ndxtb1 and it started making loud buzzing sound from compressor and got very hot. Could this indicate compressor going out or could the start relay & overload combo D be bad?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/16/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

The start relay may be bad can you take it off and shake it and see if it sounds like there is sand in it? If so that is likely bad. The compressor could be bad, but I would check and replace the relay overload kit first on the unit. Here is a link to it.

CLICK HERE