Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My name is matt. I have an LG dishwasher that has smelled…

Customer Question
HI, My name is...

HI, My name is ***** ***** have an LG dishwasher that has smelled like burning plastic when being used. Originally I thought it was because it was new, but it's been 2 years and hasn't dissipated. I'm about to throw it out but thought maybe there's a more reasonable solution

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Regardless of the mode used - short cycle, long cycle, dry or no dry - everytime you turn it on it smells like plastic. the minute it shuts off it goes away. I would say it is more of a "new plastic" smell as opposed to burning. No functionality problems whatsoever, it cleans dishes fine, and works as advertised, except the smell.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/16/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Have you checked for any foreign objects by or on the heater?