Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have kitchenaid under counter ice maker.. Just over a year…

Customer Question
I have kitchenaid under counter...
I have kitchenaid under counter ice maker.. Just over a year old. The light came on that said I need to change filter. Then couple days later it just stopped making ice altogether. I talked to a local tech that said I really shouldn't have to replace filter yet. Is there a way I can bypass changing filter and get it to work again? Thanks,
Peggy
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/16/2016
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago
Joel Swenson

In most cases you will have to actually replace the water filter to reset the light, first try removing the filter and then just putting the same one back in this may reset it, if not try:

• Turn the product on. Within 10 seconds of Power On, press and hold the On and the Clean buttons. Release both buttons when all user interface LEDs begin to fl ash. • Within 5 seconds of all LEDs fl ashing, push any other button on the user interface. This begins manual diagnostics.

once the diagnostic sequence finishes unplug the unit for a few minutes or kill power to it at the breaker, this may reset it, if not you will have to replace the filter with a new one as something is causing it to be stopped up even thought it's not time to change it.

We are on the honor system for our time so I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page.

This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thank you!

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank you for your immediate attention in taking

care of this.

If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

care of this.