Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I own the Marvel 6BARM and inadvertently made changes to the…

Customer Question
I own the Marvel...

I own the Marvel 6BARM and inadvertently made changes to the submenu/second menu, it there a way to reset the all settings? The submenu is entered by holding down the set and on/off keys.

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Called Marvel and they said they do not have the default settings and suggested that I watch the refrigerator for any thing odd. They said the controller is flashed with the settings at the factory and they offered to replace the controller for $125. Any suggestions?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/16/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

So all you did tell the display to display something else, you didn't actually change how the unit works. Pressing and holding both the SET button and the ON/OFF button just resets the stored high temperatures. The high temperatures are recorded in case you need to know if the unit warmed up more than it should have. This is useful for hospitals and such when storing medicine. Either way, first just unplug the unit for 5 minutes to see if it resets. If not, then just press and hold the SET button for 5 seconds to display the current temperature.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

There are settings in the user manual like you mention and other settings (submenu) that are not published anywhere. The submenu has numerous settings in the submenu that Marvel said is flashed at the factory. They are not aware of a way to reflash/reset it to the default ...do you know how to reset?

You can not reset them, that isn't an option unfortunately.

Are the default settings published anywhere?

No it is not.

OK

Sorry, but if it's not working properly the factory is correct, it would have to be re-flashed which would make the best option just replacing the board.