Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our GI6FDRXXB03 Whirlpool Gold will have a cup of water on…

Customer Question
Our GI6FDRXXB03 Whirlpool Gold...
Our GI6FDRXXB03 Whirlpool Gold will have a cup of water on the floor each day or so.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
2/16/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. If you pull out the freezer drawer, is there a sheet of ice under the bins on the floor?

under the freezer drawer on the bottom of the refrigerator

Okay, thanks. You have a frozen drain, This requires the freezer to be emptied and the drain grommet in the back replaced with a newer style P trap tube, W10210988. This will require the lower rear panel to be removed behind the refrigerator. Is this something you want to try to do yourself? A temporary repair could be done today by removing the rear panel to get to the drain grommet and cleaning it and using a hair dryer inside the freezer to clear the ice. The edges of the panel are sharp so be warned. Here is a video showing the freezer reap panel being removed as well as the door but you can just warm the drain until water drains after cleaning the grommet for now. Video link

Hello again. Were you able to clear the drain. Do you need more help?