Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Nielsen
, Maytag MFT2771WE water stopped flowing

Customer Question
Maytag MFT2771WE water stopped...

Maytag MFT2771WE water stopped flowing suddenly. Seems that the water line is frozen. Food on the top shelves are freezing too. the ice maker is at the top of the refrigerator the freezer is low mounted

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/15/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

So the unit is getting too cold it would seem, what are the actual temps in the unit?

They are set for 45 in the fridge and 5 in the freezer. the minimum. The refrig is actually at 37 near the ice maker.
Last night I unplugged the refrigerator and the water was working this morning when I plugged it back in. Later this afternoon it froze back up again. I get no ice being made or water dispensing.

Where is the unit freezing exactly?

I have been waiting 5 days for a response. I answered this question on 2/15. I will repeat the answer.The upper left corner where the ice maker is. I put a thermometer in the refrigerator and the temp is well below the setting (44 degrees setting, 28 degrees in most of the compartment. It is colder up by the ice maker and the freezing is happening there the most.

If it is only 28 or so in the freezer and colder in the refrigerator you have a freon issue, the unit is likely very low on freon. You would need the unit recharged to repair the issue.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

No! It is 29-33 in the refrigerator compartment and 0-5 in the freezer.

OK then you would need to replace the damper assembly in the refrigerator it is stuck open and not closing causing this issue.

CLICK HERE FOR PART

Do you have instructions for installing the part? I don't have a repair manual for the refrigerator. Can I get the details please?

If you want additional instructions that is fine all I ask for is a rating since this is an old question and I have not been credited for anything on it.

I see this question is still open on my list, if you did not need anything else all I ask is please use the STAR rating system at the top of your page to rate my service so I can close this out... Thanks

I sent a reply asking for instructions or manual for replacing the damper and got nothing in return. I don't yet have a solution to my problem. When I do I would be very happy to give you 5 stars. Thanks again for your continued help
Sorry it is taking time. I was traveling for two weeks and the part hasn't yet arrived.
The part has arrived, how do I install it?
It has been more than 2 days, when will i get a response?
I have a Maytag MFT2771WE refrigerator. I bought Part #: W1024737, the damper assembly. It has now been delivered. I now need to know where this part is located in the refrigerator and instructions on how to replace it. I look forward to a response.
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I am not sure you need the damper. If it was staying open, you would notice freezing more towards the bottom. There is actually a Service Pointer out for the problem you are having. I have attached it and suspect that is your trouble, not the damper.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

How do i access the area where the seal goes? I can't see any screws in the top of the compartment.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I have had a bad week, my father passed away and I am now getting to the refrigerator. I followed directions pulling down and out, but it got hung up on the top to the left of the ice maker. See photos. It seems like I am missing some instructions to get me to the instructions you sent me. The seal seems to be fine from what I can see. Would this problem make the whole compartment cold? It seems that stuff (berries, etc.) is freezing two selves down from the ice maker.
I will try to add the photos using add files on the page.
my cell phone is(###) ###-####