Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

My name is ***** ***** and my washer will not spin. It makes

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** and my washer will not spin. It makes a very loud noise, but does not move. It is a Whirlpool Ultimate Care II machine, model number LSQ7030LQ0
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It was mid-cycle, working fine, but when it got to the spin cycle, the noise was very loud. When I went up to check, I opened the lid & it stopped immediately. There was no movement of the agitator. If I let it go and put up with the noise, the water will drain, but still no spin.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. Your washer is a direct drive model. Does it agitate properly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as far as I know, yes.

So it sounds like it washes and drain but when it should spin it make a loud noise but doesn't spin. You will need to remove the cabinet to see if the clutch is turning when it is trying to spin. I think I have a video of this if this is what you want to try. Let me know.

Are you still there? Do you want the video link?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure.

Okay, this link goes to a parts company and there is a video on that page showing how to replace the gearcase. The clutch is on the top of the gearcase and you need to remove the gearcase to replace it. Use the video to see how to remove the cabinet and see if the clutch turns when the washer should be spinning. You will need to jumper the two outside pins on the lid switch connector to get the washer to spin with the cabinet off.

Have you been able to check to see if the clutch turns during spin?

Do you still need help?

.

Just making sure you have been helped. Is the washer working again?