Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My name is ***** ***** and my washer will not spin. It makes…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** and my washer will not spin. It makes a very loud noise, but does not move. It is a Whirlpool Ultimate Care II machine, model number LSQ7030LQ0

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

It was mid-cycle, working fine, but when it got to the spin cycle, the noise was very loud. When I went up to check, I opened the lid & it stopped immediately. There was no movement of the agitator. If I let it go and put up with the noise, the water will drain, but still no spin.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/15/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. Your washer is a direct drive model. Does it agitate properly?

as far as I know, yes.

So it sounds like it washes and drain but when it should spin it make a loud noise but doesn't spin. You will need to remove the cabinet to see if the clutch is turning when it is trying to spin. I think I have a video of this if this is what you want to try. Let me know.

Are you still there? Do you want the video link?

Sure.

Okay, this link goes to a parts company and there is a video on that page showing how to replace the gearcase. The clutch is on the top of the gearcase and you need to remove the gearcase to replace it. Use the video to see how to remove the cabinet and see if the clutch turns when the washer should be spinning. You will need to jumper the two outside pins on the lid switch connector to get the washer to spin with the cabinet off.

Have you been able to check to see if the clutch turns during spin?

Do you still need help?

.

Just making sure you have been helped. Is the washer working again?