Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a may tag front loader. I accidentally put too mucH…

Customer Question
I have a may tag...
I have a may tag front loader. I accidentally put too mucH detergent and the suds were unbelievable now the washer door is stuck on lock and no other controls work. What do I do
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/15/2016
Appliance Technician: Chas, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

You cannot turn it off and on either?

I cannot - it wll not unlock - the lock light flashes and it seems the drain pump is running and will not stop.I unplugged it for overnight and when plugged in again it still will not unlock nor will the pump motor stop
No other controls will work

Okay, The model number you sent is for a dryer, can you post a picture of the machine for me to see which one you have?

This is not fair - at this point you have not indicated any type of answer and now you want to charge me another $18 ro talk about it.
I would be better off just to call in a Tech to come to the house

What are you talking about? Ignore if it asked about the phone call, we don't need it

Sorry about the model # ***** I am not at home right now but the Model was purchased about a year ago. I can send the correct model # ***** today about 2:pm..
Is this ok

no prob

Chas the model # ***** ***** this is the # ***** on the warranty card the booklet on the machine shows W10649235A

DO you have a dryer stacked on top of the washer now?

No

We need to remove the top of the washer and reach down to the lock and unlock it while it is unpluged, There should be screws on the back of the top you remove to take the top off, then you can reach down to the latch, there will be a pull ring at the bottom of it, that will release the door, let me know when you get there

There and door is open. I cloSed the door again but still no controls and pump motor still going so I unplugged it again

Was the pump motor running with the door open?

Something is not right here, Do you have a multimeter to take some electrical measurment.

Sorry Chas
But I feel this was a waste of money
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The excess suds have caused a restriction in the pressure switch tube. The pressure switch is mounted at the top of the cabinet (with the top off). It will have a very small hose attached to it. If you remove that hose and blow through it (the hose), does air easily pass and the behavior change?

Thank you for you reply. I have already had a repair person to fix the machine

I understand, thank you. Have a nice rest of your evening.

you are correct. The pressure switch had to be replaced.

Thank you, ***** ***** knowing what happened. That was very kind of you to post back, thank you!

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?