Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool WFW94HEXW2 Duet washer. Is there a fix…

Customer Question
I have a Whirlpool WFW94HEXW2...
I have a Whirlpool WFW94HEXW2 Duet washer. Is there a fix yet for the low water level, smell, mold problems with this washer?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/15/2016
Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago
bonzaco

Welcome to the world of Eco washing machines, use less water, less energy ~ take longer etc.

There is no fix for the low water level it is set by the manufacturer to save water. Regarding the smell and mold, this is caused by a fungus that grows in washing machines living on the bits and pieces that get washed off the clothes but don't get pumped down the drain. The remedy is to either put a scoop of biological powder or half a cup of chlorine bleach in the wash tub and wash on the hottest wash your machine has (no clothes in the tub). This will kill off the mold. You will need to continue to do this every month or the mold will re appear.

I hope that has answered your question but in the meantime would you kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page. Once done all further questions are free of charge. Thank you for using JA and have a great day ~ Ian