Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a GE washer Model # WHRE5550KWW that will only spin…

Customer Question
Hi, we have a...

Hi, we have a GE washer Model # ***** that will only spin very slowly so the clothes are coming out soaking wet. Any suggestions?

Contractor's Assistant: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

We tried the reset recommended by GE, which did not work. We took the front panel off the machine as well and the belt appears to be intact.

Contractor's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?

It will engage the spin cycle but with minimal RPM.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/15/2016
Appliance Technician: John, restaurant equipment technician replied 2 years ago
John, restaurant equipment technician

Does the agitation cycle and rinse cycle work correctly?

If agitation and rinse cycles function properly, the drive motor belt will need to be replaced. The part number is ***** and you can purchase it at www.searspartsdirect.com.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Do you need any further assistance, before your request times out?