Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Oh, boy, I hope you can. I'm replacing the motor, marathon

Customer Question

Oh, boy, I hope you can. I'm replacing the motor, marathon x603, on a Huebsch 37eg dryer. Foolishly didn't note wire positions before removing.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I update my urgency? I'd like to get this done today!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Due to different wiring configurations, you will need to refer to the specific wiring manual with the machine , located on the back of the tumbler or in the service literature packet that is usually mounted to the side of the cabinet near the bottom. I can send the service manual but there is no wiring diagram.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the diagrams from the motor and the dryer. I' m not at the machine, but I drew it for you. From the dryer I have 4 wires, black and yellow line, brown from pushtostart switch and red from sail switch.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is diagram of motor, it is 240 volts.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

So the brown goes to terminal 1, yellow to terminal 2, black to 6 and red jumper between 5 & 1, according to the schematic.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you reading that from the schematic? Because those colors are internal motor wire colors, not the wires from the machine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Forget it, I figured it out. Best Western hotel cannot wait for days.