Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I"ve got a Maytag dishwasher and the control panel is locked…

Customer Question
I"ve got a Maytag dishwasher...
I"ve got a Maytag dishwasher and the control panel is locked on auto clean
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/14/2016
Appliance Technician: ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hello and thankyou for using this service!

I am sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your dw

Let's work together to find out what is wrong :)

Can you check thhat model number again. The correct number is ***** on the door frame on a label. They usually start with 3 letter and 4 numbers eg MFE2700AWW

Thanks

Don

BTN 3472 It's a Maytag it's got numbers everywhere

Open the door and look around the opening. The label is on the side. I need the correct model to be able to look up the data.

MDB8959SBS2

Thats it!

It sounds like you have a problem with the touch panel. If you remove the panel under the door you should be able to find the tech guide. Look at the guide and you will find instructions on how to set the machine into the diagnostic mode. Usually you will be pressing a couple of buttons and holding them at the same time. If you have completely powered down the dishwasher and it does not reset, the next step would be to try the diagnostic mode. If you can't get it to go into diagnostics, you then need to replace the control panel as it is not communicating with the computer board. The part number is *****

You can google that number to get the price price.

Do you have any more questions?

If not, Just Answers operates on the honor system for ratings. Please rate my service by selecting a star or smiley face on your screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

If you feel I have provided superior service, a bonus is much appreciated , but never required. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help you out!

Don

Thanks I'm done.

Just Answers operates on the honor system for technician ratings. Please rate my service by selecting a star or smiley face on your screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Don