Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Kenmore Elite refrigerator/freezer. It's a French

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore Elite refrigerator/freezer. It's a French door style. Refrigerator above with two doors and Freezer below. I have Ice forming in the floor of the freezer. I believe that I have a blocked drain. However, I've taken the back off and cleared the plastic tubing. It isn't blocked. Is it possible that the problem is above this drain? There is no water in the evaporator, and the fan appears to operate normally. There is a crack in the top of the plastic drain tube. Where would I be able to find out where I can get another one to replace it, and could the blockage be above that? I don't know how the get above that hole.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

If the drain pan under the evaporator is clear the only other place that water can come from is the icemaker fill tube there is nothing else that would cause that issue. Make sure the defrost drain line under the evaporator is clear and water drains down it when you pour a half cup down, let me know what happens.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks