Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

What does an error code of water tap mean?

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
2/14/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

That means there is no water to the unit, can you check the valve for power and the water supply line?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The dishwasher was installed in November, 2015. It is used daily. There is no reason that all of sudden the line to the dishwasher is somehow shut off. Looking online at other customer postings, it appears that there is likely an issue with the dishwasher's water pump.

IS there water in the machine currently?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No. When you take out the filter and reach all the way down, there is a little in the bottom of the basin. Seems normal. This I s posting from online---similar situation to mine.posted this on January 24, 2014:
I am so disappointed with my Bosch Dishwasher! I bought a bosch SHX68T55UC on Oct 31, 2013 upon the excellent ratings it received and how quiet it was. It was installed a couple of weeks later. In 2 months of having this dishwasher, and I've already had to have 2 service calls for a "Watertap" error. The first time the technician came he found a kink in the water line and thought that might be the issue. The issue was still happening so I called Bosch Customer Care and they sent the technician out again. This time he discovered that the washer pump and control center needed to be replaced -- but the parts were on backorder -- so he had no idea when my practically new dishwasher was going to be fixed. On top of that, it has ruined almost all of my glasses and coffer cafes. They are cloudy and look worse then when they were dirty. I called Bocsh 3 times for find a solution for this problem and tried every option they gave me but the problem still persists. I have all LG applianced in my kitchen except for this dishwasher... now I feel like a made a grave mistake not going for an LG machine.
UPDATE:
After my post on Bosch's facebook page I got a call from their corporate office. They had miraculously found the back-ordered parts and wanted to schedule an appointment to install them (this would be the third service appointment I've had on a machine I had installed in November). The new parts have been installed and I see no real difference in the fogginess of my glassware. I haven't gotten the "Watertap" error yet but it’s only been a couple of days. I still feel strongly that Bosch should have replaced the entire dishwasher since I started having issues with it within the first month of buying it. So after all this, I have a refurbished dishwasher that I purchased at full retail price. Plus I’ll need to go and buy all new glasses and wash them by hand so they don’t look dirty and opaque. That’s a lot of work and time for such an expensive dishwasher. Not a Bosch fan anymore.

The water tap icon means the unit is not receiving any water, the valve could be bad on the unit, you should turn the power off to it for a full minute, turn it back on and see if you get power to the valve when you start it. You should get 120 volts to the valve. If so either the valve is bad or the water supply is bad. The valve is mounted to the lower left hand corner and has two wires to it.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not sure what you asking me to do. The dishwasher has power to the unit (and why the beeping and error code came on). I am not sure that I can test the valve myself. The unit is two months old. At this point, I have learned more online from searching the internet than through your service.

Ok I think my instructions are pretty clear, you obviously are googling everything trying to find some other solution than listen to a Bosch tech, so I will opt out of this as I have other customers that want a real tech to help not google. Good luck to you on this project.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician