Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Same question. H98 code on a Panasonic Microwave
, Oven…

Customer Question
Same question. H98...

Contractor's Assistant: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

Oven shuts off. Sometimes with a hard reset it works a bit. Code comes up H98... it is model NN-SD9875 purchased in 2012

Contractor's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?

Hard reset is just un plugging the machine and plugging it back in.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/14/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So H98 is probably the most common issue that Panasonic microwaves get. H98 can be caused from several things, but it all means the same thing–the magnetron is not drawing the amount of power needed. You could have a faulty magnetron itself, a faulty inverter board, or one of your door switches can just not be activating correctly. You can’t test the magnetron or the inverter board, so the best thing to do is check the door switches. Unplug the unit and remove the control panel. This will give you access to the door switches to the left of the control panel opening. There should be 3 switches which you can remove and make sure they don’t look burnt. Push on the little actuator buttons and see if the switches still click. If so then reinstall the switches and shut the door to make sure the door is activating all the switches when the door shuts. If so, then it’s time to guess which part you want to replace–either the magnetron or the inverter board. The manufacturer will tell you to replace the inverter board first, but it’s really a toss up.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?