Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Maytag Insignia washer is making gh pitched noise during

Customer Question

Maytag Insignia washer is making high pitched noise during spin cycle only. Seems to spin ok still.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: seems to drain ok. Don't see any water leeks. Tub is staing in the center.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the high pitched squeak only occurs during the spin cycle and not during wash, that would mean your main center seal and bearing is going out and would need to be replaced. These require specialty tools to replace unfortunately and to have a technician replace the parts it usually costs about $300-350 depending on the model number. Most times it's best to just replace the washer rather than repair it if you're not a technician with the specialty tools already I'm sorry to say.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Tyler. How easy is it to replace the parts myself? medium level DIY knowledge.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

That's not an option. You need the specialty tools which are no longer made for these washers and even when they were they used to cost about $100-150. But I will add that it's a lot of work which will take the better part of half a day.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info, Tyler.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Not a problem but I'm very sorry about the bad news.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?