Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Washing machine is top loader stacked combination (gas

Customer Question
dryer) Frigidaire model:GLGT1031FS5, needs...
Washing machine is top loader stacked combination (gas dryer) Frigidaire model:GLGT1031FS5, needs new water inlet valve. Instructions for access to valve and replacement procedures.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
2/13/2016
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago
Joel Swenson

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for using JA! If you have been waiting a while
I apologize as I try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner.

Give me just a minute and I will be right with you I am working on your answer now please be patient as I may have to look up part numbers and or refer the service manual to give you the most informative answer possible depending on your question.

Keep in mind we are on the honor system for our time so I ask that you take the time to give me a rating by clicking on the 5 star rating system before you leave today it will be available for you to click on once I have answered your request. Thank you.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

Remove power and the fill hoses, remove the mounting screw(s) for the fill valve.

remove these screws and pull down on the front panel to remove it.

Remove the screws ( left and right side ) holding on the top panel. Remove the wires for the lid switch.

Lift off the top panel. Front up first and then pull forward.

Now there is enough room to push the wash baskets over and you can reach in to remove the wires from the fill valve ( mark them top or bottom ) and pull the fill valve out in the open to change it.

Let me know if you have any further questions:

In the meantime:

I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page. If you don't see it please let me know.

Please be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site as this rating reflects on me not on the site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

Before leaving a negative rating please discuss it with me first so I can have a chance to remedy the issue.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thank you!

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank you for your immediate attention in taking

care of this.

If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

care of this.

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson