Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag refrigerator control panel is clicking

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/13/2016
Appliance Technician: Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Dave
Dave, Home Appliance Technician

What are the first 2 digits of the serial number?

10

Have you tried removing the top left hinge cover and disconnecting the wiring harness?

What will that do? Reset the panel?

Yes, leave it disconnected for a couple of minutes. If that doesn't work, unplug the refrigerator for 10 minutes.

Lights on panel came on and flashed for about 4 seconds but now all lights off again and still clicking. Would this mean that the temp of the frig is not working. Should we unplug now for 10 minutes?
Okay, 10 minutes has passed . . . we've plugged it in and again the lights came on and flashed and then the panel went dark again. So . . . what do you suggest next?
The temp in the frig is increasing so it would seem that the cooling is not working.

If the front panel is disconnected, the temp will stay at 0 and 37. The dispenser board is part number 67006294, but it gets power from the main board. The main control is part 12920710. It's the one that controls the compressor and fans.

are you saying we are done for today and that I need to call someone for service on Monday?

Without the new part, there's not much else to be done.