Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am trying to put my kdrpk467sso7 36 inch oven door back…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to put my kdrpk467sso7 36 inch oven door back together. my name is sherri

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I took the oven door off to clean the inner glass. now i can't figure out where the loose 2 panes of glass go, where the retainer clips go and where the two glass retainers go

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/13/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The breakdown showing how the door is assembled is available at the link below.

CLICK HERE

Sorry Kelly,
This does not answer my question at all, so I'll try to be more specific.
First, I have looked at this picture from kitchenaid several times.
I need detailed, step by step instructions.
My oven was dissassembled into 2 pieces.
Per diagram, section one includes 13, 12, 14, 21, and 24. These are all intact and not taken apart. Section 2 includes, 1, 8, 4, 3 5, 20, and 19. Again, this section remained intact.
Now, problem area is where and how do parts 7 and 9 fit into picture. Where and what do they attach to?
In reality, if you look up model KEBC278KSSO, you will see that there are 2 panes of glass. My door looks like this picture.
Also, picture that you sent is, I believe for 30 inch unit, not a 36 inch unit.
I have tried putting glass 1 pane of glass into unit 5. I have tried to place 19 on top or underneath, which works; however, if I place 2nd pane of glass on top of first and attach 9 to it, it is not secured on top.
Again, please refer to diagram KEBC278KSSO.
I am eagerly awaiting your reply which should have the detailed instructions that I need.

The original model you posted is kdrpk467sso7 in your opening statement....

Now you say model is KEBC278KSSO. Which is it? The KEBC278KSS0 breakdown does not even have the numbers to which you refer....

" I am trying to put my kdrpk467sso7 36 inch oven door back together. my name is sherri"

Kelly,
My model is kdrp467kss07. It is a 36 inch stainless steel professional cooking series dual fuel range. It does not have a griddle or grill. I realize that it is not the same as the kebc series, however, that picture did show 2 pieces of glass. The picture that you sent, and which I have looked at multiple times before contacting you indicates it is for a 30 inch range. The diagram does not show 2 pieces of glass. It also is incorrect on some of the other segments.
Hi Kelly,
I really appreciate your patience with me in this matter. I have looked at the images which you sent me. The image that starts with 7a...14.39 jpg is what I'm going to use for a reference point.
When I took the oven door apart, I completed steps 1 2 & 3. I never took screws out of the outer glass door holder reference point 19. However, at one time, once the oven door was disassembled, I did remove the three screws for the outer glass holder, but did not see anything where glass would slip into it, and hold it from the top.
Step 5 I did complete.
Question? Does the outer glass slip into the slots or tabs of the outer glass door holder( part 19)? Or is there something I'm missing? When I did remove the three screws, I did not see anything underneath which would hold the outer glass into place at the top.
If I place the outer glass, into those slots or tab, the outer glass, will sit at an angle, not flush.
Is this, correct?
If this is the correct orientation, does it fit together this way, due to air movement needed within the oven when using convection features?
I really appreciate all of the help that you have given me so far, and look forward to your response.
Thank you for helping me with this matter. Sherri Holmes.
One more thing,
my serial number for model KDRP 467 KSS 07 is XS(###) ###-####
Thank you.
Sherri Holmes

There are little slots in the liner that the glass slides into at each top corner.

Hello, I was just checking in with you because I have not heard back from you. If you have no other questions, positive feedback would be appreciated.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!